Swasthya Sathi: Welcome readers, I hope you are fit and healthy. In this article, we will talk about a West Bengal health care scheme. You would love to know that the Government of West Bengal has launched Swasthya Sathi ( Basic health cover for secondary and tertiary care up to Rs. 5 lakh per year per family). This scheme will benefit all the residents of West Bengal, as it is based on smart cards. This scheme includes both governments as well as private hospitals. In this article, we will tell you about what is SWASTHYA SATHI? Benefits of smart cards, how to register on the portal? So, let’s start to know about this scheme in detail.
What is Swasthya Sathi Scheme?
The West Bengal state government has launched a basic health care scheme for all the people residing in the state. As we know Bengal state government stepped out from the Ayushman Yojana due to some conflicts. So, the state government of West Bengal has started its own healthcare scheme. This scheme will benefit the 10 crore people of the state. Under this scheme, each family of West Bengal will be issued a Swasthya Sathi Card in the name of the headwoman. You can get the benefit of this healthcare scheme through swasthya sathi gov in. They will get free medical facilities up to 5 lakh per annum per family. each family will be provided a Swastha Sathi Card on the day of enrollment. The smart card contains information such as photographs, biometrics, address, mobile number, SECC ID of the family members.
The objective of the scheme
The main objective of this scheme is to provide free medical facilities to the people of West Bengal despite their caste, religion, and economical background. This scheme will benefit approximately 10 crore people of the state. The aim of this scheme is to improve the medical facilities of West Bengal. Swasthya sathi.gov.in urn search will help the small nursing homes that will result in less rush in the hospitals of big cities of the state. Lakhs of families have already registered under this health care scheme.
Benefits of the Swasthya Sathi
Swasthya sathi gov in will benefit almost 25 crore families of the urban as well as rural areas. This scheme applies to all the residents of West Bengal despite their caste, religion, and economical background. Here are some benefits of the scheme.
- The state government of West Bengal pays the premium for it.
- This scheme covers up to 5 lakh per annum per family.
- Under this scheme, the charges are zero rupees for the registration.
- This scheme is completely paperless and cashless.
- After registration, each family will get a Swasthya Sathi Card, by using this smart card, you can get the benefit of this scheme.
- The state government has a budget of 2000 crore for this scheme.
- Cashless benefits will be available in 1500 emplaned hospitals both government as well as private.
- This scheme will make sure that people of the remote corner will also make sure that people of rural are and poor background also gets the benefit of getting treated at a private hospital.
- You will get almost free benefits in every state government-run hospital.
- A lesser number of patients will refer to Kolkata and big cities which is very good.
- The small nursing home would be able to enhance its infrastructure and will get new equipment and medical machinery with the support of the government.
- This scheme will ease the pressure from the government.
- The biggest benefit of this scheme is that you will get benefits in other outstate hospitals such as AIIMS, CMC Vellore, etc.
Facts of Swasthya Sathi
- This scheme was launched by the Mamta Bannarji government in 2016 but its widely applied throughout the entire west Bengal since 2021.
- Even west Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee has made one Swasthya Sathi Card for herself.
- Every family of West Bengal will be included under this scheme irrespective of caste, religion, economic background, unlike Ayushman Bharat.
- It is a basic healthcare scheme that will bear medical expenses of up to 5 lakh per annum per family.
- The state government of West Bengal will bear almost 2000 crore annually to successfully run this scheme.
- Once the registration process will start the volunteers will come to every doorstep of west Bengal following DUAREY DUAREY PASHCHIMBONGO SARKAR initiative, and will help the government to register all the families under this scheme.
- The registration is purely cashless and will cost zero rupees for the registration.
- All the government-run hospitals will come under this scheme and it will soon start including private nursing homes as well.
- Almost 2260 hospitals have volunteered for this scheme including government as well as private.
- The smartcard will be issued to each family and will be issued in the name of the women of the family.
- The parents of women who have been married to another family will also come under this smart card name on women.
- The state government of West Bengal is trying to bring all the hospitals and private nursing homes under this scheme.
- The district magistrate would hold meetings soon with the private nursing homes and hospitals to persuade them to get impaneled under this scheme.
- This will enhance the medical infrastructure and improve healthcare services throughout west Bengal.
Swasthya Sathi Card
Each family of West Bengal will be issued a smart card. The name of the women of the family will be printed on the smart card. To get the benefit of this scheme you have to show this smart card in hospitals. There is zero enrolment charge for this scheme. Every member of the family is eligible to register under one smart card. The enrolment process is entirely cashless and paperless.
Eligibility for this scheme
- Applicant must be a proper domicile of West Bengal.
- Those who already get a medical allowance as a part of the salary will not be included under the SWASTHYA SATHI.
- The candidate who has already applied for private medical insurance would not be included in this scheme.
- They will not get the benefit of this scheme who are already taking the benefits of other government medical schemes like CGMS, WBMS, ESI, etc.
- There is no income eligibility for this scheme.
- A smart card includes all the members of the family irrespective of age.
How to enroll online for the Swasthya Sathi scheme?
The volunteers come to every household of West Bengal under DUAREY DUARERY PASHCHIM BONGO SARKAR. But still, if you have missed the opportunity then you don’t need to worry. Because you can still enroll for this scheme online.
1. First, you have to visit the official website.
2. After opening the home page, you will see an APPLY option on the screen.
3. Click on the apply option
4. Now you have to enter all the details regarding registration.
5. Upload all the asked documents
6. After uploading and submitting all the documents click on the submit button.
7. After completing all the steps, you can successfully apply for Swasthya Sathi Yojana.
How to register for the hospital?
1. To register a hospital, you have to visit the official website.
2. When the homepage is open you will see an option APPLY online.
3. After clicking you will see another option Hospital registration.
4. Click on the option HOSPITAL REGISTRATION.
5. Now fill in all the information.
6. You will receive an OTP.
7. Enter the given OTP.
8. Now click the Submit option.
9. Thus, you can register for the hospital.
How to see the active hospital list?
To see the active hospitals list which is registered under this scheme follow these steps.
- First, you have to visit the official website swasthya sathi gov in
- Now when the homepage is open you will see an option named hospital information.
- Click on the option named hospital information.
- You will enter now state, district, hospital type, and hospital grade.
- After filling in these details click on the submit button.
- Now here you can download the active hospital list of your area.
How to find your name on the list?
- At first, you will visit the official website swasthyasathi.gov.in
- Now when the homepage is open you will see an option named FIND YOUR NAME.
- Click on the option FIND YOUR NAME.
- Now you have to enter the registered mobile number.
- You will click the option whether yourself or others.
- After submitting these details click the submit button.
- Now you can see your name from the beneficial list.
- If you will receive the URN note that code otherwise you may apply for the new smart card.
How to check UNR Verification?
If you see UNR along with your name, you should note it to check the information and details. If your name does not have any UNR you should apply for a new Swasthya Sathi Card. To check the UNR information follow these details.
- Visit the official website swasthyasathi.gov.in
- Now on the homepage, you will see an option URN VERIFICATION.
- Click on the option URN verification.
- Now fill in the details like state, district, and enter URN.
- Click on the submit button.
- Thus, you can check URN verification.
How to check hospital facilities or services details?
To check that which hospitals provide what type of services and facilities follow the given steps.
- First of all, you have to visit the official website swasthyasathi.gov.in
- When the homepage is open you will see an option named hospital information.
- You have to click on the option HOSPITAL INFORMATION.
- Now you will see other options like hospital facility details and hospital service details.
- Click any of the options in which you want to proceed.
- Now you will fill in basic details of hospitals like state, district, hospital type, and select hospital facility or hospital service.
- Click on the submit button thus you can see the facilities and services provided by the various hospitals.
How to register for treatment outside West Bengal State?
If you want treatment in the AIIMS or CMC Vellore-like hospitals under this scheme, follow the given steps.
- First, visit the official website swasthyasathi.gov.in
- Now on the homepage, you will see an option to apply online.
- Click on the option APPLY ONLINE.
- You will see another option Registration for treatment outside of West Bengal.
- Click on this option
- Enter your or your patient’s URN and mobile number.
- Thus, you can book an appointment for the treatment outside of West Bengal.
We have covered almost all the information and procedures in this blog. But if you still have any doubt or queries or you are facing any kind of problem regarding the scheme. You may contact their toll-free helpline number.
SWASTHYA SATHI helpline- 1800-3455-384