Amma Scooter Yojana: Governments always initiate several schemes for the empowerment of women so that women can benefit and their families have a good life. Similarly, the Tamil Nadu government has launched the Amma Scooter Scheme for Women. Today, in this article, we will share with you all the important aspects. Also, we will share the eligibility criterion, benefits, required documents, registration process, etc. So that you can easily take advantage of Amma Scooter Scheme. If you want to avail of this scheme, then you have to read this article till the end.
Amma Scooter Yojana
As we all know in today’s new India, women are getting equal importance in all fields. Women are given golden opportunities to succeed in all they desire. Various facilities are provided to women for their betterment. This is what is basically called women empowerment. It is the major agenda of government these days. The government brings forward multiple women-friendly schemes/Yojana to overcome the difficulty faced by working females.
Hence, the government of the Tamil Nadu State has launched a scheme known as the Amma two-wheeler scheme for the working woman of the state. Females of the state who work in a company, are entrepreneurs, or run a business can take benefit from the scheme. Amma Scooter Yojana will help such women to purchase a two-wheeler vehicle for themselves.
It will not only help in saving their precious time but will also help in doing their work more efficiently. The scheme has two options-one for a two-wheeled vehicle such as Scooty, etc, and the other for the bicycle. Another star point of the scheme is that it has a three-wheeler option for females with physical disabilities.
|Amma Scooter Yojana||Click Here|
|Application Form Rural||Click Here|
|Application Form Urban||Click Here|
|Subsidy Claim Form||Click Here|
|Field Verification Form|
|Operational Guidelines||Click Here|
|Amma Two Wheeler – Errata||Click Here|
|Contact Us||Click Here|
Benefits of the Amma Scooter Yojana
- The major goal of this scheme is to provide a progressive environment for working women of the state.
- It will make the females independent.
- Amma Scooter Yojana will definitely cut down the struggle faced by women in public transport.
- It will reduce the risk women face while sometimes working late at night.
- The scheme is targeting to provide benefits to almost one lakh women each year.
- It will prove to be a safer option for females, indirectly protecting them from harassment.
- The main motto is to give up to a 50% subsidy on the purchase price of the vehicle or ₹25,000-the lesser amount will be provided to the beneficiary.
Eligibility criteria to get benefits of the Amma Scooter Yojana
Below we are going to discuss the minimum criteria to be fulfilled to get benefits from the scheme-
- The most basic but the most important eligibility is that the applicant should be a woman.
- Yes, this scheme is only for those female applicants who are the sole bread earner of their families.
- The woman should be a working woman, either individually, in a partnership, or an employee in a group or a company. It may include any sort of livelihood activity.
- The women should be of minimum 18 years of age but not more than 40 years.
- Those females working on daily wages are also eligible.
- The woman should be the only source/major source of income in the family.
- The woman should be a registered resident of the Tamil Nadu state.
- The annual income of the beneficiary’s family should be a maximum of ₹2,50,000 Or lesser but not more than this.
- The women should hold a driver’s license and should know to ride properly.
Standard specification for the purchase of the vehicle
In order to provide efficient service to the beneficiaries, a certain standard for the vehicle has been specified by the government. These specifications are made keeping in mind the basic need of transport of women employees. Following are the standards that should match the vehicle you want to purchase.
- the engine capacity should not exceed 125 CC.
- The vehicle should fulfill the eligibility under the motor vehicle act 1988
- All the important information related to the vehicle bought via the amma two-wheeler scheme shall be gathered by the project director of the district, under the state rural livelihood mission(TNSRLM)
- The details of the vehicle will be recorded by the transport department of the state.
- The transport department will not allow the beneficiary to sell /change the ownership of the vehicle without permission, for a period of three years.
If you want to apply for Amma Scooter Yojana, then you will need the documents given below.
- Residential proof
- Age proof
- Driving license
- Income certificate
- Employment proof
- Adhaar card
- Education details
- Passport size photo
For more information, you will have to go to the official website, where you will get the complete information of the required documents.
How to apply for the Amma scooter Yojana?
If you want to apply for this scheme then you must be eligible and also have the required documents. You have to follow the Easy Procedure given below.
1. First of all, you have to download your application form, which you can download from the link given below.
2. After that, you have to fill out the forms and go to the block offices / urban local bodies, and submit them. In this way, your form will be submitted, after which you will receive updated details through your registration number.